- On June 9, 2020
I wanted to take this time to communicate with you updates for the 2020 cheer season. Due the COVID-19 pandemic, there have been daily changes to many things in our lives. Unfortunately, cheer is also now one of them. I want to assure you all that these decisions are not of the CWCA board, and we wish we had different news to share. I also want to assure you that we are doing our best and will work hard with whatever the fall season may bring us. Tonight I am going to share with you facts of what we actually know. I will continue to be honest with you and share any information that I receive. However, please know that there are still many unknowns.
-there will be NO stunting allowed for the 2020 cheer season (no contact allowed, no protective wear permitted)
-there will be NO cheer competition during the 2020 season
-registration deadline extended to June 30th
-Do NOT send in any payment for registration or uniforms
-Sneakervilla does plan on opening when moved to “yellow”- I would NOT go in yet to place any orders (we will work things out if your child does not have certain components when that time comes-I would be more concerned if you spent money to purchase something that you may not be able to use this season)
-if you already sent in payment, it is being held until a later date (we will let you know the date once we know if we can proceed with the cheer season)
-no checks are being deposited at this point (this is all to decrease the amount of refunds needed if the season is cancelled)
-you will receive a full refund if we are not approved to have a cheer season
-if you plan on registering your child for cheerleading, I would encourage you to do that before the deadline –click on the cash or check option for payment and hold payment (do not send)- it is still important for us to know our exact number of cheerleaders as we may need to make changes and we will need to know the number of cheerleaders that we are working with!
Now the unknowns:
-if the 2020 cheer season will be feasible and permitted
-we are waiting for guidance from PIAA, state and school directives as to how and when we can proceed further
-what the 2020 cheer season guidelines will be, if approved to have a season
-what opportunities/options/alternatives will be permitted
I know this is a lot of information and for some, another disappointment. Please know we are all in this together. We will do what we can for our cheerleaders and families!
Stay safe, Stay healthy and as always please let me know if you have any questions! Go Scouts!
Kristi, Christina, Amy and Cinnomin